- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water.
- To assemble, place 4 pieces of asparagus on each muffin half; top with a poached egg; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with about 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce; garnish with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Eggs Benedict
Sort By :
"This is my new favorite spring brunch recipe! Quick and easy for beginners too. And if you use the poaching envelopes they used at the TOH cooking schools - its pretty much fool proof! Will be making this ALOT!"
"I surprised my husband with this breakfast today for Valentine's Day. It was a big hit!!"