Apricot Meringue Bars Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) apricot filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread apricot filling over crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread the meringue evenly over filling; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack (meringue will crack). Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 bars.
Reviews for Apricot Meringue Bars(3)
Sort By :
Look fwd. to making these over the summer. They surely look easy enough. Thank you for sharing!! K.
Apricot is one of my favorite fruits, so I'm always eager to try a recipe that uses them. These bars are delicious! I used the Solo apricot filling---a bit expensive, but worth it! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This is an easy dessert to make for any get together, and they taste great! I made them for a church function and got rave reviews! I substituted apricot preserves for the pie filling since it was cheaper and they came out even better!