Applesauce Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Applesauce Pork Loin(21)
Sort By :
Awesome! I made this for my friend and we both loved it! Definitely going into my Family Favorites file.
Excellent! I used 1/3 of the mustard (I used yellow, that is all I had). I will for sure make this again.
I made this following the recipe exactly and it turned out moist, tender and tasting AMAZING!!! My new fave!!!
Perfect every time. I gave this recipe to everyone I could after I tried it the first time. Giving er a try on the barbeque tonight (wrapping it in foil). I'll post again to let you all know how it worked out!
I adapted this recipe for the crockpot. Just cook on low for eight hours...couldn't be easier! I really like how the apple and rosemary flavors complemented each other. This was a great dinner and I look forward to making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >