With a perfect creamy frosting and just a touch of almond flavor, these easy-to-make brownies really are something special. Keep a can of chocolate syrup on hand for this delectable treat! —Didi Desjardins, Dartmouth, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate syrup and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (brownies may appear moist). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup whipped topping; stir until smooth. Cool. Fold in extract and remaining whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Brownies in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p48
Reviews for Almond Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review