3D Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate and cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and sugar just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake to within 1 in. of edge. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for 3D Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
My son wanted a birthday cake that tasted as good as the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. This recipe did it! Totally delicious (my mouth is watering as I write this!). Not a difficult recipe. I didn't do it a day in advance so I put it in the freezer for an hour to speed up cooling and it was fine. Served it with whipped cream and fresh, local raspberries. Made for an impressive display that tasted great and gave me one very happy 17 year old!
My husband said it was the best cheesecake he's ever had!
This is absolutely delicious!! Brought it to work for a birthday---a wonderfully chocolatey delight!
Best cheesecake ever
The MOST wonderful cheesecake I've EVER had! I have made this 3 times. There is no reason in the world to change ANYTHING about this recipe! Love it! Also loved the fact that the person who submitted it is from my home town.. Flint, MI!! Go Flint!