Sweet & Salty Snowmen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 pretzel rods
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Assorted candies and decorations: Miniature chocolate chips, sprinkles, black decorating gel, candy cane chocolate kisses, white nonpareils, Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Dip a pretzel rod two-thirds of the way into melted white chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over pretzel with a spoon. Attach miniature chocolate chips for eyes and buttons; attach a sprinkle for a nose.
- Using decorating gel, add a mouth.
- For hat, attach a chocolate kiss to the top of pretzel. Sprinkle snowman with nonpareils. Carefully stand snowman upright in a tall glass or press the bottom of the pretzel rod into a 2-in.-thick piece of Styrofoam. For scarve, cut fruit rolls into thin strips; tie around snowmen.
Nutrition Facts1 snowman: 143 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 5, 2014
This is a great idea i have made these before a few years ago when my oldest was two and now that they are 7 and 9 they still have fun making creations with mom :)
Dec 1, 2012
Cutest idea EVER and easy enogh for the kids to help! The perfect holiday treat for everyone on your list!
Dec 31, 2011
Cute idea, but very difficult to make!
Dec 23, 2011
My teenagers loved making AND eating these. We couldn't find the right size rings for the hat brims so they ended up looking like sombreros. Still cute!
Dec 18, 2011
My daughter, her friend and I just made a double recipe of these and they are very cute! I'm giving two each of my nieces/nephews & great-nieces/great-nephews . If you decide to make these be sure to allow plenty of time, plenty of ingredients and have help. It takes some practice to get them right and this is not a one person project.
Dec 10, 2011
I love this idea..haven't made them but gives me an idea for my great nephews birthday coming up in a few months. As for junk...you can use Dark chocolate and nuts, or trail mix to create the same affect. Very Cute for centerpiece...doesn't look edible..but I'm an adult:)
Nov 30, 2011
A little time consuming, yes, but worth the effort.Rockamama, don't make them. Problem solved.
Nov 29, 2011
So cute but what a bunch of unhealthy JUNK!
Nov 12, 2011
the kids enjoyed & great classroom holiday gifts
Dec 22, 2010
this is hard and time consuming. you have to work fast to get the decorations on before chocolate cools once made, they are cute.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.