Sparkly Meringue Snowmen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour 20 min./batch
MakesAbout 1 dozen
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or vanilla extract
- Black nonpareils
- Orange sprinkles
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in extract.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #12 round tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe snowmen about 4 in. tall, 2 in. apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with black nonpareils and orange sprinkles. Bake until firm to the touch, 80-90 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 31 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
Caption says Snowflakes, recipe is Sparkly Snowmen, and where's the sparkle?? How about giving us the correct recipe??
Dec 16, 2018
It seems like there is a step missing. What is supposed to make it sparkly?