- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, soup, eggs and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSurprise Spice Cake
"Excellent cake! I really like this and it took just minutes to get in the oven."
"Very moist and tasty. One family member, who ordinarily does not like box cakes, had a second helping and did not know tomato soup was an ingredient."
"I have made this and added nuts and raisins"