Roasted Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
I learned how to roast pumpkin seeds from my mother, who learned it from her mother. Keep an eye on the seeds so they don’t scorch. —Margaret Drye, Plainfield, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + soaking Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- Place seeds in a 1-qt. bowl; cover with water. Stir in salt; let stand, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Drain and rinse seeds; drain again and pat dry. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss with oil and kosher salt; spread in a single layer.
- Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until crisp and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.