Lemon Rope Trees
A holiday cookie platter just won't be complete without these scrumptious Christmas trees from our Test Kitchen! Firm and crispy with appealing lemon flavor, they're sure to disappear quickly!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Green sprinkles
- 4 medium yellow spiced gumdrops
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and lemon peel. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces; shape each into an 8-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; form into tree shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; decorate with sprinkles.
- For stars, place gumdrops on a sugared work surface. With a rolling pin, roll gumdrops to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out five stars from each gumdrop. Gently press stars into frosting on tops of trees.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.