- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until light brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forLemon Pudding Dessert
"I have been making this many years. I use COOKED pudding, better flavor. It never lasts long, everyone loves it!"
"Excellent and easy!"
"I've been making this for years. Everyone loves it. I also lightly greased bottom of baking dish as in the past it was hard to cut. I use sugar-free pudding mix and light cool-whip. Remove from refrigerator an hour before serving for easier cutting. Going to try a graham cracker crust instead of the flour for a change."
"I made this recipe for my daughter's b-day because she likes lemon flavored desserts but this was disappointing. I decided to use this recipe because it had a lot of great reviews but from now on i will not judge a recipe by a review. If you want a real lemony flavor this is not the recipe you want. Also, the cream cheese and lemon layers don't really come through. I tried zesting a lemon to amp up the lemon flavor but I would suggest finding a lemon curd recipe instead. Everything just tastes very bland. I have never liked negative reviews but hopefully this helps someone else."
"This was so good! Like another reviewer, I wondered about the shortbread crust without sugar, but with the sweet cream cheese and pudding layers, along with the whipped topping, it was perfect! A great dessert, especially for summer. My family loved it and this will be in my "go to" file for easy desserts. Absolutely delicious!"
"easy to make and taste great. They didn't last long around our house."
"This is such a simple dessert, but every time I make it, my guests rave about it."
"My mom loves lemon so I made this for her yesterday for her birthday. I was a little nervous about the crust being just butter and flour, I lost my pastry blender so the butter didn't seem to distribute enough using just knives then a fork. Minus one part being mostly melted butter, it came out fine. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and added the juice of 1/2 a small lemon. After the fact, I thought I should have added lemon zest to the crust. I used 1% milk for the pudding and light cool whip for the topping. It came out really good! It's perfect for spring or summer. It was light and refreshing. I might make it again for a potluck lunch this Friday!"