Baked Lemon Pudding
"THE TART TASTE of lemon brings the perfect finish to this meal. It was always a treat when Mother made this dessert."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Baked Lemon Pudding in Reminisce Extra June 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.