Herb Garden Lasagnas
I love the taste and texture of these homemade noodles and the beautiful lasagnas they make. A healthy dose of fresh herbs give this dish its unique flavor. — Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese, divided
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes (about 6 medium), divided
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onion, fresh basil and fresh mint
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface, mix all-purpose and semolina flours; form into a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (dough will be soft and slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven filling ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup queso fresco. Grease six individual 12-oz. au gratin dishes; place on baking sheets. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with salted water; bring to a boil. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 20x4-in. rectangle, dusting dough with additional flour as needed.
- For each lasagna, add one noodle to boiling water; cook 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Place one-fifth of the noodle in bottom of a prepared dish; top with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture and 2 tablespoons tomato. Fold noodle back to cover filling; repeat three times, topping and folding the noodle each time.
- Sprinkle lasagnas with remaining queso fresco and tomatoes. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with additional herbs.
How-To: See how to assemble these mini lasagnas. Watch video >
Nutrition Facts1 individual lasagna: 363 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.