German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 161 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 6, 2015
EXCELLENT RECIPE...ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE LARGE VOLUME OF INGREDIENTS. ALMOST 15 CUPS OF INGREDIENTS
Oct 9, 2013
Nice & moist. Would make these again
Aug 3, 2012
These German Chocolate Toffee Cookies are quite delicious. The recipe is a large one, yielding 13 dozen (78) cookies per batch.
Nov 19, 2011
I do a Christmas open house and I am sure these will be a hit. they are very good. Will do again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.