- 5 loaves (1 pound each) day-old white bread, cubed
- 5 pounds pork sausage, cooked and drained or 5 pounds giblets, cooked and chopped
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds butter
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Toss the bread cubes and sausage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3-3/4 cups broth and seasonings; mix well. Pour over bread mixture; mix well. Add enough remaining broth to achieve desired moistness.
- Transfer to four greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
1/2 cup: 249 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.