Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares; serve with syrup and, if desired, sweetened whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 276 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 24, 2017
Wonderful! So easy! I made it for Thanksgiving- everyone from Grandparents to teens loved it. I topped each square with whip cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. The gingerbread crust was so tasty. It traveled well and looked great! Will definitely make it again! I was a hit! Thanks Taste of Home!Susie S.
Oct 2, 2017
Oct 1, 2017
Worst webpage to save recipes from an ereader
Sep 18, 2017
I've made this for Thanksgiving and the gingersnap crust really makes this cheesecake stand out. Delicious!
Dec 10, 2016
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit! Will definitely make again.
Oct 27, 2016
Very nice! Pleasant flavor. Great for potlucks and big family get -togethers. In regards to CCI's comment on nutritional info: if you read it, the info states that 1PIECE (calculated without syrup) contains 7 grams of fat, NOT the entire pan. Read carefully, do the math.
Mar 2, 2015
My cheesecake recipes are really tough to get 5 stars. I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! This was pretty good though, especially one that you can cook in a 13 x 9 pan!?!
Aug 17, 2014
A keeper !! for years I have been passing the recipe around, everybody loves it. I use store bought ready crust graham pie crust and I omit the maple syrup : )
Oct 7, 2013
I made this last night after seeing it on Facebook. I have to say I was underwhelmed by it. Even though I added more cinnamon and a little allspice and nutmeg, it just tasted bland to me. My hubby liked it though.
Dec 12, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.