Coffee & Cream Doughnuts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar and baking cocoa
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop biscuits, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high until hot; stir in coffee granules until dissolved. Add cream cheese and Nutella; beat until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill bag with coffee mixture. Push the tip through the side of each doughnut to fill with cream. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 413 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2012
The filling was a bit messy and a bit loose, but they sat until after brunch was eaten (about 30-45 minutes) and it had firmed up. EVERYONE asked for the recipe! It was ther perfect little sweet thing for after brunch, with coffee/tea! Yum!!