- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar and baking cocoa
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop biscuits, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high until hot; stir in coffee granules until dissolved. Add cream cheese and Nutella; beat until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill bag with coffee mixture. Push the tip through the side of each doughnut to fill with cream. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Serve immediately.
1 each: 413 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.