- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a shallow bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Dip balls in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. cast-iron skillet or round baking pan. Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
1 piece: 118 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.