Bird’s Nest Breakfast Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 turkey bacon strips
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until partially set but not crisp. Coat six muffin cups with cooking spray; wrap two bacon strips around the inside of each cup. Fill each with 1/4 cup egg substitute; top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
May 13, 2012
Did this for Mother's Day breakfast...the whole family loved it!
Nov 29, 2011
I added spinach and it was so good!
Mar 16, 2011
My family can't get enough of these. I fill the cups with each family members favorite ingredients so everybody gets exactly what they like, still very easy. Making them again tonight for breakfast in the morning.
Mar 9, 2011
I made this with 97% fat free ham slices and it came out great.
Dec 11, 2010
I haven't made this yet, but can't wait. I will add some hash browns on the bottom of the cup to use as a crust.
Nov 15, 2010
Made these for Mom for her Birthday. Very easy to make and taste awesome! I made as written but added some sauteed green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Mom was thrilled! Thank you for sharing.
Oct 21, 2010
I am not great on turkey bacon but would fix this again.
Sep 23, 2010
The precoooked bacon strips are great for this. I used a mini muffin pan to make a bunch of bite-sized cups for a brunch potluck.
Jun 29, 2010
I have made this with a slice of ham covering bottom and sides of muffin cup. Good.
May 10, 2010
I made these on Mother's Day for my family and everyone loved them. None of us like egg bakes or quiche, so I thought I'd try this out. I mixed the cheese in the egg mixture before filling the nests. Even my brother-in-law, who was griping about the turkey bacon while I was preparing them, stopped eating to tell me how good they were. Great easy recipe.