- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) apricots with mixed fruit baby food, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/8 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Set aside 1 tablespoon baby food for glaze. In another bowl, beat the egg, 3/4 cup milk, oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract and remaining baby food. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in almonds and apricots.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, reserved baby food, and remaining milk and extract until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forAlmond Apricot Bread
"It was tasty but I felt it was a little dry. lindawenger it's pureed baby food in small plastic containers"
"I'm not very familiar with baby food anymore. Is this a dry form or will the jarred food work?"