If I want a creamier frosting on these, I add more eggnog. The nog lovers in your life won't complain! —Salina Moore, Woodward, Oklahoma
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Freshly grated or additional ground nutmeg
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beating well after each addition.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and eggnog until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Yuletide Eggnog Cupcakes in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Yuletide Eggnog Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review