Yellow Layer Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Yellow Layer Cake(9)
Sort By :
I used this recipe to make cupcakes, baked for 18 minutes. It came out well, better than a boxed mix but nothing spectacular. Since it's not too sweet it's a good base for sweet or elaborate frostings.
My mom actually made this recipe and I thought it was going to taste to much like flour and be dry. It was way better than I thought. I would make this recipe but there is only one thing I would change and that would be add just a little bit more butter.
i made this and want to happy with it. It was sticky and really didnt have any flavor.
Mine came out flat. Butter cakes are supposed to have rounded tops, right? Anyone know what I was doing wrong?
The cake seemed really dry and the flavor was mediocre .