Yellow Layer Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Yellow Layer Cake(11)
Sort By :
I've made a lot of cakes and this cake is disappointing. Not really any yellow color and not much flavor. It's crumbly and the whole outer edge has a crust much like an angel food cake has. It wouldn't release from the pan at all. My 12 year old son was pretty upset with his first attempt at a cake.
this is an awesome recipe
I used this recipe to make cupcakes, baked for 18 minutes. It came out well, better than a boxed mix but nothing spectacular. Since it's not too sweet it's a good base for sweet or elaborate frostings.
My mom actually made this recipe and I thought it was going to taste to much like flour and be dry. It was way better than I thought. I would make this recipe but there is only one thing I would change and that would be add just a little bit more butter.
i made this and want to happy with it. It was sticky and really didnt have any flavor.