Winning Coffee Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir in milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Stir sauce; spread over ice cream. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Winning Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Sort By :
This is such a good recipe! I have made it several times now (using different kinds of ice cream). Everyone remembers this one!
I live in Pennsylvania and grew up loving Breyer's coffee ice cream, even tho I didn't like coffee at the time. I plan on trying this soon.
Love this pie recipe. For a change of pace I use strawberry icecream, and with the chocolate its grrrrreat! Also, I added fresh berries to "real" whipped cream. The whipped topping seemed a bit heavy ofr a "light" pie. I make this one over and over, all with different flkavors...... try it - you will love it. I can't find "starbucks ice cream" either, I use Blue Bunny. LeMars Iowa loves me as Blue Bunny is the BEST!
looks and sounds good. ill try that version next time. yummm : )
You can make home made whipped cream to top this pie. There is no need to freeze the whipped cream before topping the pie. In the States the whipped topping that is used is purchased from the freezer section of the grocery store.