- 2 packages chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- RASPBERRY FILLING:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry liqueur
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate curls and fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake mixes according to package directions, using four 9-in. round baking pans.
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add preserves, sugar and liqueur; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Save one cake layer for another use. Using a long serrated knife, cut each remaining cake layer horizontally in half. Place one layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup filling. Top with another cake layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with another cake layer, remaining filling and remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe over top of cake as desired. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, top with chocolate curls and raspberries. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Very Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Cream
"I'm going to make this for my best friend's BD next fall. Few things are better than chocolate, raspberries and friends. :)"
"This is beautiful and delicious. I made it for my ladies club at Christmas and was a big hit!"