- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 7 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #32 star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. (Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven for 1 hour.) Carefully remove from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Meringue Cookies(4)
Sort By :
I used almond extract instead of vanilla because of personal taste, but they came out perfectly. I think I might try coconut extract next time. I divided it into 3 before piping and used gel food coloring to dye them. These look so pretty for my daughter's birthday party.
its a yummy treat, Everyone will love it
super easy, make sure you warm the eggs and beat them until very firm. Excellent taste and look pretty on a cookie plate.
I gave this four stars only because I've never made meringues before and have nothing to compare with, but this was so simple. I was looking for a diabetic-friendly sweets recipe for my dad and this one turned out even better because I forgot to add the salt, but it still tastes great.
More Recipe Collections
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >