- 2 large green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return turkey mixture to skillet. Stir in tomato and 2 tablespoons cheese; heat through. Spoon into peppers; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender and filling is hot. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p10
Reviews for Turkey-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2012
Prep of 30 min is with 2 people or someone really good at multi-tasking in the kitchen. However with 2 people you can get it done in 30 and almost all the dishes done too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >