Filled with a variety of fruity jams, these delightful thumbprints would be a colorful choice for a cookie exchange!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves or fruit preserves of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. In another bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Fill each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon preserves. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Thumbprint Butter Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Cookies & Candies 2006, p37
Reviews for Thumbprint Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review