Letter-Stamped Butter Cookies
Alphabet cookie stamps make creating these one-of-a-kind treats a snap. Surprise your guests with dessert before dinner! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Decorating icing and sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. shaped cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press stamp into cookie. Repeat with remaining portions of dough. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 118 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.