- 1 can (16 ounces) caramel frosting or frosting of your choice
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Dots candies, candy-coated sunflower kernels and Sixlets candies
- Frost cupcakes. For each turkey, unwrap three caramels; place on a small piece of waxed paper. Microwave on high for 5-7 seconds or until softened. Break off desired amount for the body; roll into an egg shape. Roll two smaller pieces into wings and two pieces into legs. Press onto body to attach.
- For leaves, roll out Dots candies to 1/8-in. thickness; cut leaf shapes. Place a turkey on top of each cupcake; arrange leaves, sunflower kernels and Sixlets around turkeys. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes
Sort By :
I made these for the first time this year, and they were a big hit at my Thanksgiving party. I'm giving them a 4 only because they were very time consuming, I found myself making one part, then later making another because of the time needed for the turkeys to cool and the lettuce leaves to set up. Also I think I would use runts next time instead of sixlets
This is a very cute idea. I made them for my daughter's class for her Thanksgiving birthday. They were a huge hit, but VERY time consuming. It took me 3 hours to do about 16 turkeys. The only way I'd make this recipe again is if it were for a small family gathering of 10 or less. One tip I would give, especially if you are doing a large number of them, is to spread the wrapped caramels on a heating pad instead of using the microwave, then unwrap and mold as needed.
very time consuming but it was worth it! They were a hit @ Thanksgiving. When making the turkeys themselves I put a dab of water on my finger and pat it on the caramel to give it a glossy look. Also, made Chocolate chip cupcakes w/ whipped nutella icing..... yuuummmm
Where do I find the video?
My little niece made these for Thanksgiving,I saw a picture of them her mom took.These are so cute!I'm saving this for next year I will make these for sure.Thanks for the great idea
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >