When family stays over after a holiday dinner, we make sweet potato dumplings, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Later, we even serve dumplings for dessert. —Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll out each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. In a small bowl, mix sweet potatoes and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture on one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, overlapping slightly.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugars, water, butter and remaining cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Dumplings with Caramel Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p176
Reviews for Sweet Potato Dumplings with Caramel Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review