- 2 cups cooked corn bread stuffing
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine stuffing and enough broth to reach desired moistness; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and gravy until smooth. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine potatoes and cream; spread over turkey mixture. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with onions if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Stuffing Crust Turkey Potpie
Sort By :
We loved this! MY husband wants it so he can take the leftovers to work again, because they made a big deal over it. I also substituted vegetables with what I had on hand. We make a sausage dressing and I used that and it was delicious.
I made this with leftover green bean casserole instead of broccoli and used cheddar cheese since that was what I had on hand. An excellent way to use up those Thanksgiving dinner leftovers!
Excellent!!! Everyone raved about it. The flavors blend so well in this dish. I used fresh broccoli (I cooked them) but next time I would add a little more than a cup. You could add carrots, green beans etc, if broccoli is not your favorite. This is definitely a keeper.
How long can you store this in the refrigerator before baking it?
badgerdoglover, 1/4 cup is about 1 oz. of cream cheese.