This melt-in-your mouth delight is doubly delicious, with two creamy layers...one strawberry, one vanilla. To avoid cracking, run the knife just through the very top when swirling the strawberry puree.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed berries over batter in three concentric circles. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review