Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed berries over batter in three concentric circles. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake(6)
Sort By :
So easy to make and sooo yummy! I sometimes use mixed berries (whatever is in season and fresh at the time) and it turns out beautiful.
I have made several cheesecakes, but this was one of the best recipes. I made a graham cracker crust instead. Everyone loved it. It has a beautiful presentation with the strawberry puree swirl on top. Will definitely be making again.
I made this cheesecake for a birthday party and it was a huge hit. I will definitely be making this cheesecake again in the future.
This recipe was very easy to make. I strained the strawberry puree even though the recipe didn't call for it. I also made the marbling like the hearts in the photo by placing small drops in 3 concentric circles and then carefully runnin a knife through the middle of them. Then I placed one heart in the center of the cheesecake. This won me best of show in my county fair for their special pie and cheesecake day! I think it presents itself very well if you want to make a statement with your dessert.
i have made this cheesecake many times always a hit most want the reciepe
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Strawberry Cheesecake >
- Strawberry Cheesecake >