- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed berries over batter in three concentric circles. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite cheesecakes! The recipe is easy to prepare, stunning to look at and tastes great. I've already substituted blueberries or strained raspberries for the strawberries, and added lemon peel to the top layer to change it up a bit. Everyone who tries it, raves about it! This cheesecake is definitely one of my "go to" recipes and as a volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home, I highly recommend it!
Best strawberry cheesecake I've had.
So easy to make and sooo yummy! I sometimes use mixed berries (whatever is in season and fresh at the time) and it turns out beautiful.
I have made several cheesecakes, but this was one of the best recipes. I made a graham cracker crust instead. Everyone loved it. It has a beautiful presentation with the strawberry puree swirl on top. Will definitely be making again.
I made this cheesecake for a birthday party and it was a huge hit. I will definitely be making this cheesecake again in the future.