- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar and red nonpareils
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 9 wrapped Rolo candies
- Gumdrops, halved crosswise
- 9 peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Beat in vanilla. Add flour; beat until blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 18 cookies. Repeat with 1-1/2-in. and 1-in. round cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar; decorate edges with nonpareils. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For each Christmas tree, pipe frosting on top of a Rolo candy for a trunk; top with a 2-in. cookie. Pipe frosting on top and bottom of a gumdrop; place in center of cookie. Top with another 2-in. cookie. Repeat layers with two 1-1/2-in. cookies and two 1-in. cookies, piping frosting on gumdrops to adhere layers.
- Attach a peppermint candy to the top using additional frosting. Thin remaining frosting with water; drizzle over edges. Yield: 9 cookies.
Originally published as Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2013
what do you put between the cookies to separate them ?