Sour Cream Potatoes Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, 1 tablespoon butter, parsley and garlic salt; beat until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Potatoes
Sort By :
"I made these for Thanksgiving and these were creamy and delicious. I did the same; left some of the skins on some of the potatoes. I also made the recipe the night before, then baked it 40 mins prior to dinner. The recipe can easily be doubled, which I did for the big dinner, except I increased the sour cream by only an add'tl 1/2 cup. Everyone liked them; will be a feature at holiday dinners and special occasions."
"My family loved these potatoes. I was told that they go on the "make again" list. I agree that they only get better with time. They were great the first night and even better the second. I made them along with the Grilled Sirloin Roast and Coconut Pineapple Cake that go with this as "My Mom's Best Meal"."
"Definately delicious! Served these yummy potatoes with oven fried pork chops! If you love mashed potatoes then you will be delighted with these!"
"I used 10 potatoes, but only peeled 5, left the skin on the other five. Used reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream and skim milk to cut down on the fat."
"I use a 5 lb. bag of red potatoes instead of what the recipe calls for, and an extra 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder. My 19 year old son won't eat regular mashed potatoes, but he loves these ones."