- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
I divided this recipe in half, since there are only three in our family. I'm sorry that I did.... as these came out so DEE-LISH - I'm sure I will be making more tomorrow!!!
I also substituted the sugar for 4 packets of Splenda (remember, I only used half of all ingredients).
Also, I baked at 400 degrees for exactly 19 minutes - I used small muffin tins (the kind that you buy at the dollar store that are 6 muffins to a tin), and used parchment liners.
They came out perfect! The sour cream made these muffins so moist and tasty.
TY for sharing. I normally NEVER bake, but most recently was told by my doctor that I have to cut my sugar consumption, I figured that I'd give it a try. The muffins that they sell at ShopRite that use artificial sweeteners are normally tasteless and hard. Not these!!!
These were good, but when I made them the second time, I added a (drained) small jar of maraschino cherries, halved, some pecans, then melted some vanilla chips with a little cream for a frosting. They were fantastic.
I really liked the simplicity of these muffins. Not the most flavorful muffins I've had, but still very good.
I made these with fat free Greek yogurt for the sour cream and half a cup of egg whites for the eggs to reduce the fat & calorie count. I also reduced the sugar to about two thirds of a cup, with none for topping. Next time I want to try adding some lemon flavoring.
I used parchment paper liners and they only stuck a little even with the lower fat substitutions.
I love that these are so quick to prepare.
Quick and delicious. I will make them again.