- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for So-Easy Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"Made these for Halloween and everyone loved them! I doubled the recipe, still turned out great. Also I added Worchestire (spellling) sauce."
"My family LOVES this. All I add is a slice of cheese for my picky 5 and 8 year old boys and they eat it up! We eat this a minimum of twice a month... sometimes more if we are pressed for time. We usually use beef but occasionally use ground turkey instead."
"This is not something i normally like. I always go ick if my family asks for sloppy joes. However that will no longer be the case. I wil be using this recipe from now on. It is WONDERFUL !!! Nice, fresh, flavorful taste ! thank you taste of home !"
"Packed with flavor! I doubled the recipe and froze half of it for a future meal.~ Theresa"
"awesome and easy to make. I'd make again"