Slow-Cooked Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well. (Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use.) Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, cracker crumbs, egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks if desired.
- Place cabbage rolls in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour V8 juice over rolls. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until filling reaches 160°. Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cabbage Rolls(17)
Sort By :
For never having made cabbage rolls before this was a fairly simple recipe and the results were excellant! My husband was in seventh heaven and when he took leftovers to work received several requests for the recipe. Definitely a keeper
I don't understand how to roll them - I'm rating it but haven't tried it yet - they are making me in order to submit ?? ;)
I enjoyed this recipe very much. I did not have V8, so I used an assortment of tomato sauces. I also added seasons and spices per the advice of other reviews. I used 2 lbs of ground beef, which I think took away from the flavor. All in all a good, hearty meal. Thanks
hey y'all... I found this through my slow cooker cookbook I downloaded for my Kindle. We didn't have the bell pepper so we substituted a jalapeno pepper cored, seeded, & chopped up. It was a very good dish, but I think next time I make it I will add a little more something to kick up the flavor a little bit. This one is
definitely going in my "keeper" pile!! Even the 8 yr old scarfed it down once she tasted it... Made a big pot of beans to go with it and it was a full meal after a day of working around the house!! Thanks again!
First time ever making cabbage rolls. EASY... DELICIOUS. Brought some to work for lunch and the whole clinic wants me to make them for our next pot luck. Thanks so much!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >