- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
"Me and my son really liked it, it was exactly what I wanted because I hate the big pieces of onion and peppers in the can stuff.. My husband didn't like it because it is kinda sweet, but hey I will fix it for me and my son."
"I have made this recipe numerous times over the years. So much better than store bought mixes."
"this recipe is so tasty. i may never use can sloppy joes again."
"Quick, simple, and delicious!"
"This was great. I am the picky one in my family and I love this."