- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
"Used Westbrae unsweetened ketchup and Truvia brown sugar baking blend for wonderful sloppy joes that are really good for ya! Thanks for the recipe!!!!"
"This is so much better than any can mix. I put 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder in mine, to take away some of the sweetness."
"Me and my son really liked it, it was exactly what I wanted because I hate the big pieces of onion and peppers in the can stuff.. My husband didn't like it because it is kinda sweet, but hey I will fix it for me and my son."
"I have made this recipe numerous times over the years. So much better than store bought mixes."
"this recipe is so tasty. i may never use can sloppy joes again."
"quick, simple, and delicious!"
"This was great. I am the picky one in my family and I love this."
"Can not ever make enough everytime i make them there is never any left. No matter how much i make they eat it all"
"Good - I really like this because I can control the ingredients versus using the canned sauces. This tastes like regular sloppy joe mix. Can easily change up seasoning as others suggest."