Sloppy Joes Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches(31)
Sort By :
This recipe is the best I have ever tasted. I use to use Bennetts Cocktail Sauce but my husband thought it was too sweet. I searched for a new recipe and found the one with the most stars. Like MelanieNee, I added my own onion (not a fan of onion powder) and a green pepper. I did not put celery in mine because I feel that celery can really overpower the taste of a lot of foods. I also doubled my ingredients, as I used a little more than two pounds of groundbeef. It turned out wonderful!!!!! I then served with onion rings. I didn't really notice if this recipe was a Taste of Home original or if someone else submitted it. Either way, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
This is very tasty and super easy...I added an onion, red pepper, and a stick of celery. I also used an equivalent amount of tomato sauce, omitting some ketchup and it was a really nice flavor.
I love this recipe for Sloppy Joes. It's quick easy and my family loves it. I don't like really spicy foods and this is perfect. I too have doubled the recipe with no problems and have frozen the extra for later. It's a filling , quick and tasty meal.
LOVE this!!! i really dislike onions and even the sloppy joe seasoning packets are filled with dried ones. Onion powder and flavor are fine---or i grate them. But this recipe?? WONDERFUL!!! thank you so much!!!
I was looking for a basic Sloppy Joe recipe and thought I would try this. The whole family loved it. It was easy and quick. I also doubled the recipe with no problems. It wasn't too sweet and had great flavor.