- 9 uncooked whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until tender; remove from oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Place flour and remaining salt in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in garlic and rosemary.
- Spread 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, 1/3 cup cheese, a third of the squash and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Rosemary Butternut Squash Lasagna
Sort By :
"I followed recipe & both me & my husband agree: WAY too much garlic and weird floury sauce but nice method and we really liked it other than garlic overkill. Squash is delicious in this dish. I will make again as this recipe has potential."
"Very good recipe! Incredibly easy to make - the whole thing took about 10 minutes to assemble after the squash was peeled and sliced. I used jarred alfredo sauce since I already had some on hand, and added a sprinkle of rosemary. Even my hubby, not a big fan of squash, loved it! Will make again."
"I added ricotta cheese and mozzarella to the recipe. I also substituted pre-cooked lasagna noodles to save time from having to boil the noodles. I probably added calories, but it was delicious."