- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle butter over top; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Cut into bars. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Bars
"I have not made this yet, do intend to this weekend. To delosenstien!! Where in the world do you find a 40 lb can of sweet potatoes?!!!!!!!!!!"
"I've been making this for years but the original recipe called for 3 eggs and only 1 tsp of cinnamon. Plus I have used a butter pecan cake mix which really tastes great. So this year I will try the 4 eggs and extra spices and I look forward to tasting the difference!"
"These bars are wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly. Everyone at the event I took them to asked who made them and if they could have the recipe. Many asked if there were any leftovers for them to take home. I will keep this on my list of favorites."
"I have made this for years, love it more than pumpkin pie. I do use a spice cake mix rather than a yellow one or a carrot cake mix, either is great.Note to Irishfancy...if you make a cake from scratch mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then sprinkle it over the top of the pumpkin filling in the pan then the nuts and then drizzle the butter over the top of the dry mix. That should work."
"Making again for Thanksgiving instead of Pumpkin Pie. Don't know if I can mention a brand for butter recipe golden cake mix, but it starts with a "D"."
"This is great, there is just my husband and I but we finished it in two days. It's the best "dump" cake out there!"
"Irishfancy, if you have a yellow cake mix or just a regular cake recipe, that would be a good substitute. This recipe is amazing!"
"Where I live, this cake mix does not exist. Any substitute suggestions?"
"This was a big hit at Thanksgiving. The recipe is a keeper."
"This is sooo good! My go to recipe instead of pumpkin pie. I am asked to bring this to potlucks at church. My family loves it. Don't over cook as it will get too hard and will be difficult to cut."