- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
"These are outstanding!! We made a double batch to give to our neighbors, and ended up making 5 more batches to take to various functions and for home munching. This recipe will definitely be a new seasonal tradition at our house! The only thing I did differently was use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, and I added a pinch of salt to the icing."
"THESE WERE AWESOME"
"Easy to make with grand-kids"
"I really dislike the taste of pumpkin but these cookies are worth having a second bite. My only complaint is that I followed the directions to a "T" and even with extending time in the oven, they are very soft and mushy."
"These cookies are amazing. They were easy to make and taste wonderful. I did pipe the icing on, and it worked very well. If you are thinking about making a pumpkin cookie, I really recommend this one. The cookies are soft and moist and the icing is rich and delicious. Great combo!"