- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
"THESE WERE AWESOME"
"Easy to make with grand-kids"
"I really dislike the taste of pumpkin but these cookies are worth having a second bite. My only complaint is that I followed the directions to a "T" and even with extending time in the oven, they are very soft and mushy."
"These cookies are amazing. They were easy to make and taste wonderful. I did pipe the icing on, and it worked very well. If you are thinking about making a pumpkin cookie, I really recommend this one. The cookies are soft and moist and the icing is rich and delicious. Great combo!"
"I took these cookies to work and several people asked for the recipe. Very good!!"