A classic cream cheese frosting tops pleasantly spiced pumpkin cookies. Everyone enjoys the soft, cake-like texture.—Lisa Chernetsky, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p139
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review