- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 to 12 biscuits, warmed
- Cut asparagus into 1/2-in. pieces, using only tender parts of spears. Cook in a small amount of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes; drain. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Add milk and broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add ham and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add eggs, salt, cayenne and asparagus; heat through. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Eggs Benedict in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p33
Reviews for Potluck Eggs Benedict
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
This was a big hit at Christmas brunch. I put it in the slow cooker to serve. Worked beautifully.