Pork Chili Verde
Pork slowly stews with jalapenos, onion, green enchilada sauce and spices in this flavor-packed Mexican dish. It's great on its own or stuffed in a warm tortilla with sour cream, grated cheese or olives on the side.More Winning Chili Recipes »
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrots, onion and garlic in oil
- in batches until pork is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the enchilada sauce, jalapenos and cilantro. Cover and cook on
- low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into
- pork mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with rice and tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 312 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium,