Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 8 dozen mini-muffins or 24 standard-size muffins.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Muffins
Sort By :
"These are fantastic! I did swap out the milk for almond milk, to ensure the recipe was dairy free. I also love lemon, so I swapped out the almond extract for lemon extract. The recipe was so quick and easy, it will be a definite go to recipe for entertaining."
"This is a wonderful recipe and it was a huge hit with my family, especially my picky five year old son!"
"Very good but I did make it a bit healthier. I did 1/2 white flour 1/2 whole wheat flour. I then did 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 unsweetened applesauce. Then I reduced the sugar by half to 1 and 1/4 cup. They were delicious and so moist. I agree with other reviews that I found, you only mix it until it is just combined. It's a lumpy batter. I only got 19 muffins out of the recipe, and I was able to bring the calories down to 187 and fat down to 7 for each muffin. Definitely try these! They are great and obviously very adaptable to your needs."
"At first I thought it was a bit too much oil, but since I left them out for a day and then reheated them I thought it was enough to keep them moist :)I loved the recipe, I dont think I used as much sugar (headaches) but for my first time making home made muffins even my husband was impressed."