This wonderful cookie is always part of my holiday cookie treats. They are fun to make and everyone will be impress with how pretty the green coloring is.—Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Featured In: 17 Green Foods to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1/2 cup green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and confectioners' sugar until blended (mixture will clump together). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract and food coloring.
- Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in colored sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p28
Reviews for Pistachio Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"made these cookies for our annual cookie swap, and everyone raved about them! I didn't have green colored sugar on hand, but I dusted them with powdered sugar and they turned out wonderful. this is a keeper in my recipe collection."