Pecan Swirls Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into three portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each rectangle tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 2-in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Swirls(5)
Sort By :
I struggled trying to roll and slice these. Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty as the photo...but the taste was great! I'll be making them again!
These have to be my very favorite cookie. I always have a hard time rolling them, but they're well worth the effort.
Definitely a bit more work, but these are fabulous. They look fancy, and they taste like mini versions of the large, flat pecan pastries from a bakery. Worth the effort!
I made these last year and my husband loved them, so I will make them again this year for Christmas and gifts.
These have become our family's favorite cookie. I add an icing made with maple extract, powered sugar and water. Put them into the microwave for a few seconds and they taste like a Cinabon....
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >