- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with fingers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Sandies Cookies
Sort By :
"these remind me of those Danish wedding cookies that comes in the pink box and that is $3.99 at walmarts!"
"I have looked all over for this recipe! These were truly amazing. My husband, a HUGE fan of pecan sandies, loved them. I had to make 2 batches to have enough for my office cookie exchange."
"I make them every year but I use walnuts chopped small, roll when warm, then roll again when cooled."
"All you ladies who are such "experts" on these cookies need to learn how to be polite to other bakers. These cookies are pecan sandies because they have pecans in them. Mexican Wedding cookies or Cresents can be made with either and can be rolled in powdered sugar or drizzled with chocolate (yummy). Please stop being so mean, its just flour and sugar ladies, not some life or death thing. If you made this recipe, please rate it and review it. If you did not make it just like the recipe, please do not send in your opinion.Please be respectful of each other."