- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with fingers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Sandies Cookies
"Part of the Christmas baskets for friends and neighbors. Everyone loved them."
"these remind me of those Danish wedding cookies that comes in the pink box and that is $3.99 at walmarts!"
"I have looked all over for this recipe! These were truly amazing. My husband, a HUGE fan of pecan sandies, loved them. I had to make 2 batches to have enough for my office cookie exchange."
"I make them every year but I use walnuts chopped small, roll when warm, then roll again when cooled."