Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Torte Recipe
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 quart peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan; cover and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate ice cream into crust; cover and freeze until firm. Spread peanut butter over chocolate layer and top with peanut butter ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spread over top of dessert. Immediately sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Cover and freeze for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Torte in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p64
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
"Is this actually worth 1,001 calories?"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"1 slice equals 1,001 calories!!!!!!!!"
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2012
"Very easy to make! Extremely delicious!"