- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 5 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Dip tomatoes in flour, then in eggs; coat with bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Panko Fried Green Tomatoes
"Thank you so much for this, my hubs brought home some green tomatoes for me to fry. I am a Yankee and frankly this is something my mom never did. These were delicious and with ranch dressing just a do again."
"Help how do you fry them? I need details. Mine were terrible."
"These are the best fried green tomatoes I have every had"
"I love fried green tomatoes and these are GREAT!"
"this is a simple an very easy recipe and tasted great"